Part Time Female Family Support and Development Worker
Funded by The National Lottery:
Please note that this role is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
We are looking for a person with ‘lived experience’ and at least three years’ experience of working with young people and families within a statutory, voluntary or community context. We are seeking to appoint a person, with enthusiasm, drive , creativity, cultural competence and person-centered skills, to assist in the delivery and support of our Bringing Hope -Damascus Road Prison and Community ‘Second Chance’ Project, funded by The National Lottery Community Fund- A project designed to engage, motivate, challenge and support offenders, ex-offenders, also their families in aspects of positive change and personal development.
We are therefore seeking a person with the following:
• Experience of working in marginalised and deprived communities with individuals/families associated with multiple needs
• Creative and motivated person who has knowledge of the criminal justice system and can engage individuals involved in the system
• A person who is passionate to see the lives of individuals, families and communities positively transformed
• A person willing to develop training programmes and activities for offenders and ex-offenders in prison and community
• Capacity to develop sustainable training and support forum for female service users
Level/Salary Range: £18k (Pro Rota - 18month fixed term)
**Closing Date for all the above jobs is Friday 21st February 2020**
To receive job description and application pack or for more information please contact a member of the Executive Team:
Iasha Spencer, Robin Thompson or Carver Anderson on details below:
Tel: 0121 454 9764 or Mob: 07816535748
Note- Interviews will take place the first week in March 2020
Call us: 0121 454 9764
Text us: 07816 535 748
Write to us: Bringing Hope Charity, Cornerstone House, 5 Ethel Street, Birmingham, B2 4BG
©2018 Bringing Hope is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
Charity No. 1122888 Company No. 6271245