Partnership Project, Commissioned by:
Birmingham, Young Adult Inside Out Community Empowerment Services Project Coordinator (Full Time)
Birmingham, Young Adult Inside Out Community Empowerment Services- Offered by Bringing Hope Charity and A-Vision for Empowerment CIC.
Bringing Hope Charity and A-Vision have over 25 years’ experience of effective engagement, training and supporting individuals and groups who are involved in behaviours, attitudes and activities that are threatening to themselves, their families and communities. They have a heard earned reputation for their work in prisons and local communities and are very aware of factors that will influence the offending or reoffending trajectory of young adults and families associated with crime and violence.
The services are aimed at young adult offenders, prisoners and ex-offenders aged 18 to 30 (men and women). We are specifically interested in those individuals who are involved or considered at risk of being drawn into negative group associations and activities, serious violence and criminality.
This resettlement, wraparound support, is intended to engage and empower young people who are on a journey of change and transition.
We are looking for a project coordinator with, enthusiasm; drive, creativity and person-centred skills, to coordinate the strategic and operational functions of Bringing Hope’s partnership services relating to our support and delivery to young adults associated with the criminal justice system. This will include the day to day management of one or two members of staff and carrying a case load.
The ideal candidate should therefore have at minimum 3 years’ experience of management, supervision and case management within a third statutory sector context. They should be self- motivated, creative, insightful and have a passion to make a difference to those that need it.
Specific duties will include:
To effectively support the management of a small team in the delivery of the its services relating to Young Adult Inside Out Community Empowerment
• To effectively support the management of a small team in the delivery of the its services relating to Young Adult Inside Out Community Empowerment
• To supervise staff in their support of individuals and families referred to B H, in prison and community.
• To carry a caseload of complex cases relating to work with individuals, families and other support services, seeking to address issues associated with violence and criminality
• To coordinate and where required work in partners hip with other community based organisations, to assist in the delivery of peer led community base
• To ensure there is constant communication with the project Administrative Worker regarding case records and updates for data governance an d
• Ensuring that referral sources and case sensitive information are up loaded and monitored
• To prepare and present necessary reports to the management team and funders of the project
• To assist in developing key partnership s with relevant organisations that can improve key pathways/outcomes for clients associated with the project.
• To research, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the services, against
benchmarks, and make recommendations for improvement
Level/Salary Range: £22k (Pro Rota - 12month fixed term)
**Closing Date for all the above jobs is Friday 21st February 2020**
To receive job description and application pack or for more information please contact a member of the Executive Team:
Iasha Spencer, Robin Thompson or Carver Anderson on details below:
Tel: 0121 454 9764 or Mob: 07816535748
Note- Interviews will take place the first week in March 2020
Call us: 0121 454 9764
Text us: 07816 535 748
Write to us: Bringing Hope Charity, Cornerstone House, 5 Ethel Street, Birmingham, B2 4BG
©2018 Bringing Hope is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
Charity No. 1122888 Company No. 6271245